10.26.2008

The Fall Festivities

I love the fall time!!! The weather is amazing and I love when the leaves start changing into such pretty colors! As long as Provo decides not to have a random cold front to cause the good weather to go away, I'll be happier for a little while longer. :)
I know I have totally slacked off in posting new blogs this month(Sorry Mom), but with October comes the joys of midterms where I find myself taking at least 1 or 2 tests a week amd spending my days in the library. Luckily, they are ALMOST over. Just 2 more to go and then I'm free (for about another week and a half that is) That's college life. It's been quite the busy month.
Here's a little tid bit of the things I've been doing...
Kate and I threw a house warming/ Root Beer Float party a few weeks ago and it turned out to be really fun! I got to see a lot of my friends that I haven't seen in months!!! We'll definitely be throwing another one soon!

I got to go to General Conference!! Callie, Lizzie, and their old roommate, Si Si and I went to the Saturday Afternoon session. It was a little rainy outside, but we survived! We had great seats too; They were actual family tickets (Elder Scott's) so we got to sit on the floor, towards the middle, and about 20-30 rows back. it was such an awesome experience! I love General Conference! I can't wait for April!

how could I forget telling you about killing the many bees that are currently living in our house! Yes... we have a huge bee problem! We are thinking there is a nest somewhere inside the house walls and so when someone came to spray it, I feel like it's gotten even worse inside! Yesterday, I think Kate and I probably killed around 100 bees and I'm not even exaggerating. It is the most disturbing thing I have ever seen. But we finally saw where they have been coming in, so we taped it last night until something else can be done about it. But I'm sure they will still manage to find a way in. I guess I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed that this problem will be done SOON! Here is an example of the first bee problem we had; compared to now, it's nothing! We have a new plate of bees that we killed yesterday and there is probably twice as much as this one.


And of course since the leaves are changing colors, I had to go on a ride up to Sundance. Kate and I tried to go one day, but it was getting so late that we wouldn't be able really get any good pictures, so we went back the next day with our roommates Vania and Katie, and a little legally blind girl that Kate watches one a week, Mariel. She is the cutest little girl ever! Just being with her makes you happy and all your cares go out there door. It's such a great feeling, I wish she could be around us all the time! But it was such a pretty day and I got some amazing pictures too!








With Halloween slowly approaching, I went to the Haunted Forest up in American Fork! I was bummed because I didn't bring my camera, but it was amazing!! I was a little scared during it, but once I got out, I wanted to go back again! Oh how I love Halloween!


And as always... I have gone to the BYU Football games. Although we are not undeafted anymore (sad), I still love watching and cheering on the cougars!!! The weather hasn't even been too bad at any of the games besides one of them. But thats because it was a late game that day, but we made sure we were all bundled up!




oh yes.. did i mention Jared came into town for almost 2 weeks! So excitted to see him and I can't wait till he comes back here to hang out with us in the Winter :)

Stay tuned for more updates on the life of Ashley! Love you all!

No comments: