8.18.2010

home sweet home.

right after EFY ended, I got to spend 3 weeks at home! it was the shortest time I've ever been home in the summer so we made the most of it. Luckily, Callie got off work for a week and was able to be home with us for 10 days! We didn't think we'd all be together as a family the whole summer so it was a lot of fun to spend time with each other. Not to mention, it was so relaxing.
Here's what we did in those 10 days:

Lake Trip #1
Cody was gone this year for his birthday, so we celebrated his birthday a little late at the Japanese Steakhouse. So delicious.
Lake Trip #2- and we brought Becker! :)
Mom even came on the tube with us. Such a champ. (As you can see from Cody and Callie's positions, it was a rough ride.)
And of course we had to go to a Braves game! It's so fun to have a family who is as big of a fan as you are to go cheer on your team or even watch them on the t.v. with you. We love our Braves!
Lake Trip #3 on Brother Bears birthday!
We came home that night and had grilled cheese for dinner, and got Cheesecakes from Cheesecake Factory for Tay's "birthday cake" choice. SO delicious!
My cute family on Taylor's Birthday!
We drove over an hour to go tubing down the Chatahoochee River. It was quite the experience I must say. Lots of falling, lots of laughing, lots of getting stuck on rocks. But all so fun!

Everyone at church that day kept telling us that we were all matching and how cute it was! Thankfully before church, Mom changed her WHITE cardigan to a Black one. So we all weren't so matchy.

Our good friend, Phil, came home from his mission that week! It was so fun seeing him! I'm excited he'll be out at BYU! A lot of my Georgia friends were almost a year younger than me, so it's fun to have them all coming home from missions!
So as you can tell, we spent most of the time outside-we were outside 6 out of the 10 day (hitting up our neighborhood pool a few times, playing tennis, going to the lake, and going tubing). It was one of the most chill and laid back weeks I've had in such a long time!
It was a great week with my family. I really feel so blessed to have amazing parents and fantastic siblings! We all get along so great together and have so much fun! I'm counting down the days till Thanksgiving in California when we can all be together again!

The last week being home wasn't as entertaining.
Callie left that Monday, and all the boys left that Tuesday to go drive Taylor's car to Utah. So it left me, Lexie- who had cheer camp all week, and my Mom- who worked all day.

We attempted to go to the lake one more time before the boys left, but we got a pretty big thunderstorm on the way up. So instead, Taylor, Cody, Lexie, our friend Madi, and I enjoyed playing outside of my house in the rain for a little bit.
I also went with some friends to our new and improved Mini Golf place! Followed by getting some frozen yogurt at a new place that opened up by my house!
I love home. It was so nice to just relax and get to see some friends and spend lots of time with the family. Georgia is so wonderful-I love how it is green everywhere, i love the people, and i kinda love the humidity.
It's always so nice to go home for a little bit.
There is no place like home.

No comments: