10.05.2010

Conference.

October and April are my favorite months for a few reasons:
1. It's the beginning of Fall or the beginning of Spring, which are both happy times as long as the weather cooperates
2. General Conference. I absolutely love conference. I feel like it always comes around EXACTLY when I need to hear things. Not only do I get to listen to the words of the Prophet and the Apostles, but I also get the opportunity to go to the Conference center to listen. Words can't even describe how amazing it is to be seated in the conference center with all the Apostles and Prophet. I feel so blessed to get that chance that some people may never get to have.
Here are some of my favorite things I heard that were spoken by the leaders of our church:

"Turn our ways to His ways."
"With every choice and every action, He chose to be our Savior."
"God will wipe away all tears of our lives, except tears of joy."
"We become what we want to be by consistently being what we want to become."
"Be thankful for God to cause us to struggle for a long time; it'll build our character."
"Our agency is more powerful than the adversary."
"Satan does not have the power to change you, he can mislead us, but not force us."
"We focus on what we lack rather than our blessings."
"Even during the hardest times, we can really feel just how much we've been given."

There are so many more things I loved and learned over this weekend. I'm so grateful for the opportunity I have to listen to our leaders of the church as we are guided and directed by them through Our Savior who loves us and knows are needs.

[More updates soon.]

No comments: