10.11.2010

Weekend 1.

Fun Fact: Did you know that every 823 years we have 5 Fridays, 5 Saturdays, and 5 Sundays in October?
Well... this year is the year! How cool is that?!
Thank goodness there are 5 weekends in October because each weekend is super busy for me whether I have someone in town or I go out of town. When will the craziness stop? Probably never.
So I'll have quite a few posts about my weekend adventures in October!

Weekend 1 in October: General Conference and Aubrey Lynn came into town!

it was soooo fun to spend the weekend with Aubrey since I haven't seen her in over a year! The older we get, the busier our lives get! I kinda hate that.
On Friday night, the girls went to Trafalga on a girl date. we didn't really keep score, and we didn't play the right way [oops] but we still had a lot of fun!
Saturday we went up to Salt Lake to try to get some tickets for General Conference! It was a success and conference was SO good! General conference is honestly my favorite time of the year! Not to mention the weather was AMAZING this year. That rarely happens!
2 of my great EFY friends, Carrie and Rachel were in town for Conference so I met up with them and Kate after the afternoon session. I just love these ladies! I wish I could have spent more time with them!
We spent the day in Salt Lake with Aubrey's Mom relaxing at the hotel while the boys were at Priesthood Session. Then we all met up afterwards for dinner at PF Changs (YUM) and then ended the night with some gelato!
And just like that, the weekend was over and I had to say bye to 3 of my wonderful cousins and Aunt.
I just love my family and love when I get the chances to see them. One benefit of being out in Utah is the fact that I am SO much closer to family than if I was still in Georgia. I've been able to visit lots of my extended family over the years and I am so grateful for that! I am blessed to have an amazing family :)

So, that ends weekend 1 of October.
Stay tuned for updates on Weekend 2!

No comments: