6.08.2011

24 hour visit to Northern California.

let me just start of by saying that I love Northern California. 
It is a very pretty place. I feel like it is semi like Georgia, minus the humidity. 

We landed in San Francisco and spent a little of our day exploring around. 
Of course we passed this bad boy, which reminded me of this epic vacation. 
We drove down Lombard Street, the most windiest road in the world! 
Grabbed some delicious Chicago style slices of pizza for lunch,
Drove over the Golden Gate Bridge,
Became tourists and took a bunch of pictures, 
and, oh ya, this dear friend of mine- Nick Takis- decided to drive down to San Fran to spend the day with me and come be my date at my sister's open house that evening. What a sweetheart. We were so excited to see each other since it rarely happens these days. I hopped in his car and we drove 2 1/2 hours to Monterey and had a blast catching up and jamming to music. 
We got down there just in time to change and get to Callie and Brandon's open house at his Dad's house in Salinas. 
It was a little chilly outside, but the view was gorgeous and it was definitely an enjoyable evening. 
My Grandparents flew in for the Open House so it was fun to spend time with them. It was cool to see where Brandon had grown up and to meet some of his family! They are great people! 
And like I mentioned before, I was FINALLY reunited with this girl after 19 months! It was so great to see her and spend a little time trying to just talk and catch up on our lives! I can't wait to see her in August and be roommates with her! I have missed her lots! 
We only had a few hours the next morning before we needed to catch our flight to Southern California for the rest of the week so that morning my Dad I took a walk around our hotel area, it was gorgeous! I wish we could have stayed for at least another day to do some exploring. 
 
And we also did the 17 mile drive, which had a lot of pretty sites to see and get a little feel for Northern Cal since we never take trips there. 
It was fun, but short trip to the North. 
Hopefully I can go back soon and spend a little more time there! 

No comments: