5.14.2012

we're going on a cruise!

yes, the cruise has come and gone and although it makes me sad that all the excitement is over, the cruise was an absolute BLAST! and even better, I got to go with 3 of my best friends! 
it definitely lands in the top 3 of my most favorite vacations i've ever been on. 

and i'll tell ya why,
 these are the only worries i had during the week: 
what should i eat? or really how much should i eat?
how bad will i get burnt if i stay out in the sun all day using only spf 4 or maybe no sunscreen?
will we waste our day sleeping because our room is pitch black? 
what bathing suit should i wear today?
how do i get the sand out of my ears after a few days?
what if we lose each other on the boat and i can't call you cause we can't use our phones? 
yes it was pure bliss.
no phone, no internet, no time... just me, my favorite boys, the sun, the beach, bob marley, endless amounts of food and ice cream cones, and mexicoooo. just a little slice of heaven.

anyways, it was one of the best weeks of my life.
daily routine: woke up around 9:30 ish, put on our bathing suits, had endless options for breakfast, and either went out to the pool if we were at sea or went on land and went to the beach. then we would come back, eat, chill, get ready, eat dinner, and party till 2 almost every night. it was a dream.

and how can someone tell me to pick only a few selected pictures from this fantastic week? no one. so I'm sorry but here is a picture overview/overload from my fabulous week crusin' the Mexican Riviera. 

besides, pictures are better than words anyways. 

Only the beginning. if you couldn't tell from our pasty white bodies)Somewhere in Northern driving to Southern. 
NBD. They had a mini golf course on top of the boat.
karaoke every night. so entertaining.
don't want to get burnt our first day!
with the studs on our first formal night. taking our own pictures can be hard sometimes.
working on our modeling.
with the 3 studliest guys on the boat. 
the most delicious strawberry bisque ever.
like i said, we are attractive.
In beautiful Cabo!
After snorkeling in Pelican Beach! 
Exploring to Lover's Beach! 
Biggest Waves I have ever seen and this crazy kid was lovin them! 
Carnival Splendor: home away from home
the sunsets were absolutely GORGEOUS! 
party animals till 2 in the morninnnnnn
Puerto Vallarta for the day! 
enjoying some bottled fanta on the beach! life was perfect.
he would live on the beach and the ocean if he could.
what they did all day, every day at the beach.
and kyle got foot massages from Mexican men.
love these 3 so much!
we became champs at the volleyball tournament
i sucked at making ice cream cones, so carter made one for me and didn't do so great. 
and again, obsessed.
this pretty much summed up our week: listening or singing along with these 2 all day. maybe kyle would get sick of it, but we would just laugh. 
we entertained ourselves quite frequently at dinner. 
dancing our little hearts out nightly.
we learned what faces to make to be super attractive. 
became best friends with our bar waitress, Viorica from Romania! She was one of the sweetest.
Enjoyed some Coladas on Cinco De Mayo!
And loved our sweet waitress, Wonopan from Thailand! Such a sassy girl who always called me "baby" and taught me some dance moves. I loved her.
This fellow passenger was Elton John in the Legends night performed by guests on the boat. He also was one of the first friends we made on the boat and he LOVED Nick (like everyone else)!
I got abused frequently, but I'm used to it.
And there were TONS of Mormons on the boat. We hung out with these sweet Mormon girls a lot at nighttime. So darling!
Our cute little room. It was actually a lot more spacious and better than we expected. 
And to end of vacation, we got the hook ups from my Dad's friend to go see a live taping of The Tonight Show with Jay Leno. We looked to see who would be appearing on the show, and of course I died when I saw that it was Bear Grylls from Man vs. Wild because Nick is slightly obsessed. The boys were ecstatic to say the least.

And so, that ended our epic adventure to Southern California and Mexico. 
I couldn't have pictured going on this trip with anyone else besides these 3 boys. They are some of my closest friends. We never got sick of each other (or at least didn't admit it) or mad at one another the entire week. We had lots of laughs, got lots of sun, made new friends, ate too much food, and created new memories together. 
It was an awesome trip and definitely something I'll always remember. 
I wanna go back.

No comments: