11.19.2009

boys, boys, boys

Being that's it's Thanksgiving time, I am focusing on the things I am grateful for in my life...and sometimes it's the things that I don't realize as much.
Now, don't be mislead by the title. These aren't just any boys- not the ones that we like to call difficult and frustrating.
These boys I'm referring to are my fabulous boy cousins that I have on my Mom's side of the family. My primos!
The boys definitely dominate in the family.
24 cousins. 9 girls. 15 boys.
*this is back in the day. not all the boys were born yet- 9 boys, 5 girls so far:
And let me tell you something- I absolutely love it! :)
I have the greatest cousins in the entire world- boys and girls.
But there is just something about those boys- I feel so blessed there are so many of them. I obviously see more of some than others, which makes me sad- but I still love them all so much! They are the sweetest, kindest, funniest, coolest guys I know and any girl will be lucky to be a part of their lives!
They are great and the cutest young men I have ever met! AND not to mention they are my favorite boys in the whole entire world! They will never break my heart, ever. I love when we get together with them, which now happens more often since I spend most of my year our West, we always have so much fun when we're together.
They always will know how to bring a smile to my face and make me laugh.
And they don't treat me different because I'm a girl.
They just love on me and I love on them. They are the greatest!
Sometimes I might be a little more loving, but they always get used to it.
So here's to you, you crazy Calvert boys. Thanks for being awesome. I love ya'll more than you know! :)

3 comments:

Caden Calvert said...

Shley! I love you and all the Calvert/Sant girls. Thanks for being aweso-amaz-fantasti-mazingical!

KaycieQ said...

you really are lucky. i have rarely any cousins and the boys consist of 2....one of which is in jail [stellar] and one is 8 and made my sister bleed once. [he's too cute for his own good, but is a tyrant.] so yesh...you are bleshed. :] LOVE YOU

The Calverts said...

Great post Ash! Aren't we lucky to have so many "boys" in the fam?!