11.04.2009

You better watch out New York!

I hate goodbyes. I especially hate the "missionary goodbyes".
My best friend, Sister Katelyn Stone, entered the MTC today.
I love this woman to death- in fact, you could call me selfish because I don't know what I'm going to do without her for the next 18 months; I wish she wasn't leaving. Letters just aren't enough for me.
But don't get me wrong- she will be an AMAZING missionary! You should have seen how giddy she was before we got to the MTC. She was excited and we were fighting back the tears as much as possible. Until this funny story occurred... we were doing great until we were parked in the parking lot across the MTC to try and take a few pictures before we headed over, and we see this family taking pictures and all of a sudden one of the girls in this group yells this sister missionaries name who is walking by back to the MTC- and they run over to each other and give each other this huge hug and were all happy and excited! And Kate and I look at each other and just start bawling because we know that'll be us if I ever do get to run into her!
But I know this is truly where she is supposed to be right now, as much as I hate to admit that. I am excited for her and this new adventure she'll be taking! She also will get to go to some deaf areas in the mission, which is right down her alley. I know the Lord's hand was in this. She has such a passion for this gospel and you can see the light of Christ in her eyes. She has one of the strongest testimonies out of anyone I know. When you meet her, you instantly love her- I know that will happen with the people in New York- she is one of the kindest, loving, and most unselfish people I have ever met. I know she will bless and change so many lives. I am so proud of her!
I love you Kate! You'll be fantastic! Can't wait to see you in May 2011 :)
Let the countdown begin.



Just some previous pictures of this cute, amazing, sister Missionary that I love :)

No comments: