11.16.2011

this is halloween.

i don't know what overcame me this year, but i became OBSESSED with the Halloween season. Maybe it had to do with the fact that I was too busy traveling every weekend in October last year, I didn't get into it too much. But don't worry, I made up for that lost time this year. I took advantage of dressing up Halloween weekend. And  let me tell you something, I enjoyed EVERY minute of it.
Night 1: The go-to Night.
We decided to go to Comedy Sportz. Nicole said that people dress up for the shows so, of course, I was on board. I didn't want to dress up too much, so we decided to be nerds. Typical go-to costume. Well, we were the only 3 dressed up, I was proud of it, Nicole was embarrassed, and I got a free ticket to another show for dressing up. Totally worth it.
Oh and side note: it was Miss Katelyn Stone's birthday that day too! I was glad she came to the show with us that night. I sure do love this pretty girl! 
Night 2: Ultimate Party Night.
it was the night where everyone was going to parties and dressing up. So this was the one we actually had to think and plan what we'd wear. Well let me introduce you to this Neverland Trio:
Tiger Lily, Peter Pan, and Tinkerbell. 
And let me just add that we were so proud of how well we pulled this off in just a week! We loved our trio choice and enjoyed our night.
This lovely girl, Miss Halloween Fairy aka Suzanne Whitehead, put on an epic Halloween party with the boys that live next door to her. She looked fantastic and it was great to see her (except she was like a bouncer at this party so I saw her when I got there and when I left. lame.)
And even though it was so dark you could hardly see who anyone was (and not to make things more difficult, everyone was in costumes), we did manage to find a few friends every now and then to party with.
...including Hugh Hefner. Oh, words can't even describe how proud this little sister is.

Night 3: Actual Halloween Night.
Since Halloween fell on a Monday, not many parties were happening. Of course I still wanted to dress up, just didn't want to put much thought into it. Which is why I decided to be a cat. And yes, I even wore my cat ears to work, but not the tail. That could have been slightly uncomfortable and annoying so I passed on that.
But even though we had no parties to go to, we dressed up, and went to Becky's to enjoy some cornbread and chili (round 2) and watch Hocus Pocus. 
Becks just threw on that brunette wig of hers, put on her glasses, and became an Animal Trainer for the night. She was the best trainer I've ever had.
Destry was in the best pup suit I've ever seen! So we had to have a little animal fight.

Nicole and I just did twin thing and were cats together that night. We did enjoy getting ready that night, making some whiskers and cat noses for this easy costume. Let's get serious, we are the best lookin' cats around.
And there you have it. I couldn't have had quite the Halloween season this year if it weren't for these 2 gems in my life. Hope everyone had an enjoyable Halloween season as well!
Can't wait till next year!

No comments: