3.09.2012

Kaycie is a Quarter.

Today is a special day for this best friend of mine, Miss Kaycie Q. (sorry it has taken me ALL day to post..but it was ready and waiting, just needed to get home!)

She has turned a whole Quarter of a century old today (don't worry Kayc, that isn't as old as I make it sound)

She has been a part of my life for almost 7 years now!! She has been a huge blessing and examples to me in my life! She is one of the strongest girls I know as I've watched her overcome challenging times in her life. And through the challenges and difficult times I've been through and continue to go through in my life, she is right by my side (not physically thanks to dumb SLC) but I know that she is always there for me! 
Kayc understands my weird humor, and I understand hers. We can just sit there and will start laughing for minutes, and even hours without saying a single word till we have TEARS just streaming down our faces. Most people don't understand us, but we understand each other. Those are some of my most favorite times and I'm glad I've shared a lot of those with Kayc. 

 
 Kaycie has always been my EFY partner in crime. She has been just as obsessed with EFY as I have over the years. Honestly, I couldn't imagine my life at EFY without this girl around! We've experienced 5 wonderful summers working together at EFY. We've had many laughs (maybe cause we were loopy and tired and crazy), we've had many tears (who could forget our "youth cry fest" in Kentucky cause it was our last session in the South? ya, we are ridiculous), and many wonderful, life changing experiences over the years. One of the best experiences I've ever had was being in Palmyra for my last EFY session and having Kaycie there with me! How many best friends can say they've experienced something like that together and were in the Sacred Grove together?! Not many people, not many.  EFY has changed my life in so many ways, one including meeting Kaycie Q when we were just teeny boppers. EFY was a good run and it was even better having this girl by my side through it all. 
We've experienced a lot together in just this 7 year friendship. We FINALLY got to be roommates before she got hitched, we've been on a lot of fun road trips, gator catching in Florida,had a TON of EFY experiences, and have been through some life changing events together. We've graduated college together and I was able to be with her on one of the happiest days of her life. These will be memories I will ALWAYS cherish and I'm so grateful Kaycie Q has been a part of them with me.  
She is one of the few people who understands just EXACTLY what I mean when I say that I love the Braves. it's a different kind of love people and Kaycie knows what I mean. Some of my most favorite times with Kaycie are the days we've spent at Turner Field, or another other Baseball stadium watching our boys play. She will yell, cheer, throw fits, and do the tomahawk chop with my any day. 
We like food. enough said.
Kayc is one of my best friends. We have been through a lot together. I couldn't have gotten to where I'm at today if this girl wasn't around. She has been such a joy and bright, smiling face in my life. I'm sad I don't get to see her as often or as much as I'd like. From seeing Kayc Face every day to MAYBE once a month sucks... a lot. I miss having her always around in my life. She is talented, gorgeous, incredible, LOVES this gospel more than anything, caring, dedicated, patient, trustworthy, kind, loving, and this list could go on and on. But I know that no matter the distance, I can always count on this girl. She has taught me a lot and has been one of the BIGGEST  blessings in my life.


Happy Happy 25th Birthday! I am so grateful to have you as a part of my life over the years Kaycie Q. Thanks for always being a shining light in my life! I love you so much!

2 comments:

KaycieQ said...

You're too great! :) Thank you for the kind words. LOVE YOU

Lori said...

What a beautiful tribute to friendship and love! I'm grateful you two have each other! Love, Mama Maurer