8.11.2012

Lake Powell Time.

Lake Powell was such a dream!
It all happened pretty last minute, but we managed to round up some good people and had a GREAT week! I was so happy to be back on 'Something Divine'. 
i got to bring along 2 of the boys- Kyle and Carter, Tay brought his bestie Bubba, Lexie got to bring her friend, Sydney who used to live in Georgia but now lives in Utah, and then it was my Dad and Cody. It was the elite selection of people (besides the fact that we were missing Mom, Callie, and Brandon). 
at 7 am Friday morning, I got Bubba, Carter, Kyle, and Syd piled in my car to head down. We had to wait a little longer than expected for the rest of the crew to arrive from AZ so we tried to get things situated. Once we were all there, boats and jet skis working, bags loaded, food purchased, we headed out and were pumped!
We always love our leisurely hikes and relaxing Sundays. It's been a few years since we've gone to Rainbow Bridge so we decided to venture back over there this year and enjoyed taking some pictures!
According to Carter, if we made a sharpee heart on our bodies and kept it there all week, we would have a tan line from it. so we became the heart crew. (and maybe it didn't really work but we still looked cool) 
i was so happy 2 of my best friends were able to join me for another epic vacation! it was such a last minute decision for all of us, but totally something all of us wouldn't pass up! so thankful for that! it wouldn't have been as great of a week without these crazies! 
morning ski runs were some of my favorite times. we would wake up, put on our suits, and head out. one colder morning, i decided to wear a hat that of course fell when i turned my head to look ahead. so we turned back around to get it and i was sure it would be gone. by some miracle it was still floating so I had to dive in and get it. it was SO cold that morning so I wasn't happy about it, but worth the lifeguard sacrifice. 
it was weird that we were the only 2 Sant girls on the boat, but I loved every second I got to spend with this sweet baby sister of mine! i hate that she is just growing up so much!
i loved the days where we could go exploring. my dad LOVES it. we found some really cool coves to climb and cliffs to jump off of. 


good thing Syd brought up a flashlight our last night or we wouldn't have seen this bad boy. maybe we all screamed like little girls when we saw it (yes, including the boys)
and who could forget Taylor's epic story telling. This was Carter's first experience. 
i always love the moments I took out the jet ski and just ventured around the lake. it was one of my favorite times to reflect and realize how much I love that place. 
intense rounds of tubing happened,
i loved spending the week with this studly brother of mine who is growing up WAY too much. he's such a blast to hang out with.
adventures of washing our hair and shaving our legs among the fish,
of course the tanning sessions on the top of the boat happened frequently, 
and everyone enjoyed skiing and wakeboarding- some of them had their first experiences of doing one or the other. we were quite the support system through it all. 
the water was absolutely gorgeous each morning. we were basically the only ones around in our canyon so it was perfect for our skiing and wakeboarding needs. talk about being spoiled.
this was my cleaning crew. we each had teams and rotated days to clean after meals. we rocked it. 
somehow my life always seems to go back to 'me and the boys'. good thing it's something i'm used to and something i enjoy!
it was fun spending time with the fam before my crazy summer of EFY was beginning. if only Mom, Cal, and Brandon could've joined us, it would've been an even better vacation. 
and sometimes I enjoyed being the flag girl. just sometimes.
the sun was setting one ski run and so of course I was obsessed and took more pictures of that than the people in the water. oops? i love this place so much and never wanted to leave.
my brothers and I are fully aware of our good looks.
i don't know why it took years for Bubbs and I to become good friends. Better late than never right? Love this kid.
i'm so glad Sydney was able to come spend the week with us! we enjoyed having her around to make us laugh! she is such a riot! 
we enjoyed our last morning eating cereal in cups on the way back to the marina. 
and yet another great vacation with these 2 goes down in the books! we got a little spoiled our first month of summer on boats and getting to spend time with one another. it was a great last hoorah together before our lives really started changing. 
My Dad is an incredible person! This trip wouldn't have been possible without him! He was the only "adult" on the boat and was such a blast to be around! He always had a smile on his face and made the best food! I love this man! 
and of course, it's always fun to be with the siblings. 
after an epic week, we decided to buy these bracelets to keep us together to remember our fun week! (at least most of us)
Lake Powell 2012, thanks for being good to us. See ya next summer! 

No comments: