4.18.2011

Father Dearest.

I feel like every other post I make it about a birthday, so forgive me. But I love birthdays, especially this one today because it is Daddy-o's birthday! And I think he's a prettttty fantastic person who should be recognized on this special day :)
My Dad is one of the most loving people I know. He truly cares for me individually and my happiness. He'll send me quick texts during the day just to tell me how much he loves me. And we'll have talks on the phone and I can just tell that he cares for me and is interested in what's going on in my life. I'm one lucky girl to have such a loving Dad. 

My Dad LOVES the Braves! I kinda think it's a requirement to be in our family. He is all up for going to games and he'll watch them at home with us. And since I can't watch all of them out in Utah, he'll keep me up to date with happenings of games through texts. He also loves all sports in general, including the BYU teams! It's nice to grow up in a family of sports lovers. Seriously, what a great Dad. 
My Dad LOVES the lake. Even though he is our captain the entire time, he just loves being out there. He also doesn't go too crazy on us when we're on the tubes unless we want him too. I trust my Dad when I'm out on the lake either tubing or wakeboarding. I think if he had the chance to go out on the lake every day, he probably would- and I think all the fam would too! It's always a good time! 
My Dad takes pride in the food he makes and we LOVE the food he makes! Just thinking about all the good stuff he makes my mouth water. I have been so fortunate to have parents that are amazing cooks! I hope one day I can be as good of a cook as they are! 
My Dad is a great Dad! 
With 5 kids and a dog, he is so great with each of us! We had some of the most fun times growing up! I know that one of the biggest joys in his life is his family. And we love him in our life :)
My Dad is super thoughtful. 
For example, this Christmas he went out and bought gifts for us that weren't on our list. Well, the girls got these bad boys (our down booties) and we were obsessed and people are jealous of them. He did a great job picking these out. It was a super thoughtful gift that I will always love. 
And during Christmas break, I was bored one day playing Super Mario Bros all by myself and my dad picked up a controller and asked how to play. So we played for about 30 minutes. What a sport. 
My Dad loves to have fun! (yes, that is him in the background- so great.) He is always up for a good time, especially if it includes the family. It's safe to say that we always have a fun time when we're together. 
My Dad is always there to answer all of my questions. I can go to him about anything- sickness, school, life, etc. He is always there to give me great advice and give me direction. I am so grateful to have a Dad like that. 
My Dad LOVES good music. If his jam is on in the car, he will crank it up, start singing, and ask if we know who it is. When we were little, he would ALWAYS tell us whoever guessed this artist would get $5. Obviously it was so he could listen to his song and enjoy it because we would never guess them. But, it was still a fun memory and he still does it to this day. He loves his music. 
I hope you have a fantastic birthday today Dad! You deserve only the best! Thanks for all you do for me! I wouldn't be the person I am today without you! 
I love you so much! I can't wait to see you this weekend!

No comments: