10.23.2011

Callie Cakers.

after 22 years of life, I have only missed out on ONE of her days of birth [until this year.] 
and i'll be honest with you, it makes me so sad that I am not with her today to celebrate! i LOVE celebrating birthdays so it's a little weird for me not to be with her for the first time in a long time. 
Each year, I have played the role of the Mom. Decorating, making her breakfast, getting all the presents from the family back at home and wrapping those as well as mine, and making sure she has the BEST birthday ever. 
This beautiful, caring, amazing, loving, funny, dedicated, talented, kind sister of mine is turning 22 today! I remember when just she turned 1 (well, thanks to our home videos, which are PRICELESS and I will ned to upload those bad boys some time.)

  I just think this sister of mine is FABULOUS! I have watched her grow over the years and has become this amazing woman and an example to me. She has such a loving heart and I know I can always turn to her for anything!
 Callie married her best friend, Brandon, back in May. She has sadly left Utah, but has begun a new adventure with her hubby out in Minnesota! Yes, I miss her every day, but I am so excited to see what the future will bring for these two lovebirds. I am so proud of my sister and so happy that she has married someone who is SO perfect for her.

Callie has been such a blessing in my life! I am so grateful to have a sister that I was able to grow up with and grow close with. She isn't only my sister, but my best friend. 
Let me tell you just a few reasons why I love this girl so much: 
Callie has been my support system. No matter what is going on in my life, she wants to know. Even in her new busy life as a married woman, she will be there for me when I need advice on anything. She is there to help, to listen, to provide direction, and most importantly, to love me. I couldn't ask for anything more than that. 
Callie LOVES to have fun! She has always been this spunky girl that is full of life! She can bring a smile to your face just by being around her. But if you are ever in the mood to be spontaneous and random, she will be there to join along.
Callie will put up with my dumb jokes. Sometimes (if I'm lucky), she'll join in on them with me and then we become these annoying girls who can't stop laughing at something so ridiculous. But those are the greatest ones. Or she'll just laugh at what I say and make me feel better. Bottom line: at least she thinks I can be funny.
Callie is a dedicated girl! I think we get that from my Mom's side of the family. Since she's been married, she has started working full time! This girl knows when it's time to work and when it's time to be lazy. I know she has to be the best employee because she likes to be busy and to get things done.
Callie will be as immature as me. Even though we are the 3 oldest, I sometimes think we can still be the most immature. We aren't embarrassed though. There is always a time and a place for it, and she will always be there ready to join in.
 
Callie is a loving wife. Every time I talk to her, she will say the sweetest things about Brandon. Their wedding day was so magical. You could see by looking at the two of them just how in love and happy they are to be with each other for eternity. She wants to always be by his side to care for him.  I am so happy they have found each other. 
 Callie LOVES the Braves. When we were both home this summer, we went to 3 games in a week. And, she and Brandon delayed going to Minnesota just one more day so they could go to one last game at Turner Field this summer. She will understand how I am feeling during a game, whether I am stressed, frustrated or excited. While watching the last game of the season, she called me towards the end because she "needed to be with me" during this stressful time. I'm glad she's as crazy of a Braves fan as I am. 
 Callie is part of my sister trio. I am so grateful and lucky to have 2 amazing and beautiful sisters in my life who are my best friends. I love spending time with these two. 
 Callie is GORGEOUS. I couldn't believe that was my baby sister walking out of the temple as a married woman! She is so beautiful inside and out! 
 Callie LOVES her family. It is always such a treat to be together these days so we like to make the most of it. She'll be there to support us in everything we do, whether it's at a swim meet, scrimmage football game, baseball game, or major events in our lives such as graduation. She loves to be with the family. You can tell it's one of the most important things in her life. 
 Callie loves to cook! I miss her around here because we would always make meals together. And now after being married, she has been cooking more than ever before! I can only imagine how good her food taste! Brandon is one lucky man!  
 Callie has good taste in clothing. But in all seriousness, this girl knows how to dress. She can pretty much pull of anything and look great. That takes skill.
A lot has changed since her last birthday. She got married and has moved to a new city! Although I miss her every day, I am so proud of the person she has become! I love that we still remain close to one another and will talk every day (sometimes thanks to email during work). But I am glad that she still keeps me in her life no matter how far away we live from each other or how busy her days will get.

I love you so much sister! I wish I could be there today to celebrate this happy day with you! 
HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :)

No comments: