I get to celebrate the birth of two fantastic sisters of mine in less than 2 weeks! In doing that, I realize how lucky and blessed I am to have such amazing sisters! (and brothers of course)
Today, my little Lexie Lou is turing 12! 12?! This girl has grown up so fast!
I moved out of the house when she was only 7, and now she is going into Young Women's! I can't even believe how fast the time has gone! Lexie is such a great sister and I am so grateful she was brought into our family 12 years ago.
In honor of her 12th birthday, here are only 12 reasons why she is so great:
1. Lexie is the baby in our family. Ever since she was born, we have just loved on her SO much! She is such a joy to have as part of our family. I remember the day she was born and I picked up the phone call to hear that my little sister had been born. I was SO excited to see her and could not wait to take care of her. A few days after she was born, I left for a 5th grade field trip and was SO homesick. ALl I wanted to do was spend time with my new little sister in the hospital. We sure do love this little girl.
2. This girl is a doll. Seriously. Ever since I could remember, this girl has been so cute! I am so lucky to have such a babe for a little sister!
3. Lexie is an AMAZING friend to others! She puts their needs before hers and will do whatever she can to make them happy. She is always kind and caring towards the people that mean the most to her.
4. You know that Lexie loves her family! She loves to be with us and spend time with us! It's something I shouldn't take for granted because she'll grow up and not want to spend time with me. Sometimes she'll get upset when we got out and do other "big kid" things and leave her behind. Bless her heart.
5. Lexie is full of sass. She definitely isn't afraid to speak her mind and give a little attitude here and there. Sometimes, it might get her into a little trouble, but it's pretty hilarious.
6. And just like every other member in our family, she LOVES the Braves. Of course she'd have to love the Braves in order to be a part of our family. It's a given.
7. She is an active little girl. She loves to play all kinds sports, hiking, and follows after her sisters in the cheerleading life. It goes well with our family life.
8. Lexie has the BEST sense of humor! Even when I have some horrible days, I'll give her a call and she will just crack me up and make me smile! Really, ask anyone who knows her and they will tell you that she is just a riot!
9. Lexie LOVES to have fun! If you are ever bored, she will think of something fun to do. She'll also join in with her talented older sisters singing and dancing to music. We are quite the trio.
10. Lexie is one of the biggest sweethearts I know. Even though I am 10 years older than her, she will listen to me complain about things and will try to make me feel better. For a 12 year old, she is full of so much love, which I am grateful for.
11. Did I mention Lexie is such an entertainer? I know I did, but I just have to re-emphasize it. She spices up life in our family. She wants to be an actress and who knows, maybe she will be. I could totally see her as one. Regardless, she will always keep us laughing and entertained for hours!
12. Lexie is a fantastic sister! I got SO blessed to have 2 amazing sisters who bring excitement and joy into my life. And in particular on this day, I'm SO glad to have my little princess in my life!
So my little princess, Happy 12th Birthday! I wish I was there to celebrate this happy day with you! I hope you have the BEST day ever because you deserve it! Thanks for always being a sweet little girl that I can always count on!
I love you so much Lexie Lou! Can't wait to see you soon :)