11.02.2010

Thankful.

[ K, Maybe I stole this idea, but I like it. Because it helps me focus on how blessed I am regardless of how bad my days may be.]

With Thanksgiving coming up this month, each day I want to post about one thing I am grateful for.
[Yes, I missed day 1 so I will post 2 things for today]

Thankful 1: Today, I think it is fitting to to say that I am so thankful for my little sister, Lexie. I have pretty much explained already why I am so grateful for this cute girl in my previous post with today being her birthday. But I am grateful for her in my life because no matter what kind of day I am having, she will always be there for me and cheer me up! I love you princess!
Thankful 2: I had a nice little reminder today. My friend, Lendrum has been in the hospital for over a week because he got his appendix taken out and hasn't been feeling good at all the past few weeks. I went to visit him today and we were talking about how much pain he has been through these past few weeks. And along with that, he said how he has been thinking a lot about the Atonement and how grateful he really is for all the pain and suffering that the Savior went
through for us. Even more now for him since he has gone through all of this pain and understanding that the Savior went through that for him.
It's really unbearable to think of how the Savior has gone through ALL pains and ALL sufferings because He loves US- No matter what. Talking about it today made me realize even more than before that I am SO grateful for my Savior and for what He has gone through because He loves us. One thing that I remember from EFY this past summer is a clip we watched of Elder Holland talking about the Atonement. One thing in particular that Elder Holland said caught my attention. The Savior died at such a young age because there was
something more important to Him, more than life itself- it was us.
It really has touched my heart and I am truly grateful for my Savior, who loves me so much that He gave His life for me and everyone else in this world.

No comments: