11.24.2010

Thankful 24.

i am thankful for the best vacation spot ever, Lake Powell.
I'm so grateful I've been able to go here almost every year since I was in 6th grade, besides 2 summers. But it is my most favorite vacation to go on. Lake Powell is like my 2nd home. I love that we get to go on the same houseboat every year.
It's such a beautiful place to go to and spend a nice, relaxing week with close family and friends. I'd give up every vacation during the year just to go here.
And here is why:
I get to spend a week with my family without cellphones, computers, and cable. I love the break from the outside world.

Witnessing some intense tube runs resulting in being sore for days...
Nightly star gazing and sleeping outside. My favorite.
Spending every day in warm, sunny weather and wearing bathing suits all day is the best thing in the world.
Finding a bunch of cliffs to jump off of...
Daily card games when we want to take a break from outside...
7 am morning ski runs...
Spending quality time with fam...
Riding around on the jet skis and exploring other canyons...
and exploring different ruins and landmarks such as Rainbow Bridge and Hole in the Rock...

Basically, if you have never been to Lake Powell, you should put this on your to do list. It's the best place ever.

1 comment:

KaycieQ said...

it's been on my to do list for quite some time. maybe one day i'll make it....